Monday, October 17, 2011

Side effect of training.

So, as of late, I have noticed a pretty interesting side effect to my training regime. It's not something that is unique to me, and I have noticed it before, but really just put some thought into it for the first time.


The first thing I noticed was how much frigging laundry I have to do every week. Between school, work, working out and playing volleyball I go through a lot of damn clothes. 

Like, A LOT.

It has also caused me to realize how many workout clothes I own. The pile of cutoff shirts, Under Armor compression shorts, basketball shorts and black crew socks is astounding. Really, it's almost embarrassing how high a percentage of my clothes are meant to be worn in the gym. 

The other thing I notice every time I get on a good, consistent training program is what an absurd amount of food I can eat. I know, it holds true for everybody when they are working out a lot; but I can pack away some serious food. I was always an "eater" to begin with (at least that's what my Mom called me when I was a fat little kid). But, now, at 190 pounds of Alpha Male I am basically an empty pit for food. I am usually thinking about my next meal while I am finishing the current one. 

The fact that I really go out of my way to try and eat cleanly just compounds the amount of food that I eat. Do you know how much baby green salad can go into your body? Quite a bit. Eating cleanly also becomes a bit of a problem simply because of cost; it has really taught me the value of shopping smart, and poaching stuff from your parents house when I go home for the weekend. (Just kidding Dad...ha...)

After some careful thought, I think I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone...

Do your laundry, and then go lift something heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment