Monday, September 19, 2011

Attitude

In light of some recent ups and downs in my life, I've had a pretty wavering attitude toward a lot of things. Thankfully, I have some really strong friends that I can lean on in a time like this. These people always have the right things to say to me to get my head straight. When you're going through a time like this, it is easy to lose sight of the really important things in your life; hopefully you have friends around you to be able to keep you focused and take inspiration from.

When I get into these moods/funks, I like to go find inspirational quotes and see what I can take from them. I figure if someone smarter and more successful than I once said it, there must be a lesson I can take from it. One quote I really like is:

"Every day, and in every way, I get better and better."


I gather a lot from this; and try to think about it every day. What did I do yesterday? How can I improve myself just a little bit more than yesterday? I don't just mean physically; but mentally and emotionally as well. 


Did I skip my multivitamin yesterday? Maybe I didn't read the newspaper, so I'm not up on current events. Did I only do a 20 minute walk with the dog instead of 30 minutes? Half-assing your homework is no good. Did you make a snarky comment to someone instead of a friendly compliment?






If you really take a look at yourself, you will find a little thing you can change on a day to day basis. I'm not suggesting you sit there and break yourself down; but be conscience of it. If you make a small change every day, it will eventually add up to a big change in your life. 


This is something I'm going to be working on as much as possible; I know I'm not perfect, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't strive for it. The same goes for you.


Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment