Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Operation Run365

Happy New Year to you all! I hope everyone enjoyed closing out 2012 and that you're all looking forward to dominating 2013; I know I am.


I've got some goals for 2013 that I'll talk about in another time, but I want my first post of the year to be about something that is pretty important to me.

My girlfriend Kelsi is under-taking a pretty bold project starting today and she's calling it Operation Run365 (I know the site is empty, the updates will begin today).

Her goal is to run at least 2 miles every day for the next calendar year in order to raise money and awareness for InnerCity Weightlifting, an organization that we both really believe in. While running 2 miles per day doesn't sound like a whole lot, that will just be on her off days. She will be continuing to lift heavy, will be training to win a half-marathon, volunteer coaching at a high school and will probably even start doing some CrossFit competitions. She will also be eating a shit-ton of food every day and sleeping as much as possible.

While her main objective (raising money for ICW) is noble, I think that the whole idea is pretty awesome. As a trainer in Boston, Kelsi (just like the rest of us) has clients that constantly make excuses about not having enough time or energy to work out. Well, this is an exercise in making both time and energy. It won't be easy to do, and she knows it; but that's why its worthwhile.


If you have some time, please take a look at her site and consider donating. It's a worthwhile cause and any donation you can provide will go a long way in helping to make a difference in the lives of some people who really need it.

Thanks for your consideration and have a great 2013! Go lift something heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment