Friday, January 20, 2012

Perfection?

I know that I'll never be perfect, but that doesn't mean that I will stop striving for it.


The strength and conditioning world is all about recognizing your flaws, and then formulating the best ways to fix them. Recognizing your flaws as a person is very important, its how we grow. But are we really able to fix all of our flaws? At what point do we say "ok, this is good enough as it is"? We (I) can drive myself crazy trying to fix all of my flaws. In my recent quest for self-improvement I have become hyper-aware of my flaws. Should I just accept them all? Tell myself that some of them are just personality traits that I'm stuck with?

To be honest, I'm unsure where to draw the line. I try to make the best out of every day, but some of these "flaws" are too big for me to ignore. I know they are things that will be self-correcting in time, but I wish they were things that didn't have such a big impact on my life. 
I try and stay positive, but it's hard. One of the good things about my job is that I need to stay positive for my clients, and it carries over to myself. I love what I do, my family is fantastic and supportive, I have clear goals and I know how I need to go about achieving them. I have a roof over my head and food to eat. All in all, things are pretty good. 

So, what is perfection? Is it having no flaws, or is it knowing how to best deal with the ones you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment