Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi Haters!

I'm a positive guy. I have to be, it's part of my job. As a trainer, my clients come to me to get better; how could I get them better if I didn't believe that they could all succeed? I try to extend my positive attitude to everyone in my life.


I try my best to surround myself with positive influences; I want my friends to be role models to me in some way, and vice versa. Somehow, though, there is always a negative voice hanging around. Somebody always wants to "put you in your place" when they think you need it. We call these people "haters". Haters always want to knock you down a peg. Why? I don't know. Could be lots of different things, really. Jealousy, envy, lack of self-esteem. Who knows? But, everyone has to deal with a negative attitude sometimes in their life. Their reason for being negative isn't important, how you handle it is.

What are your options? You can try and fight it, which doesn't go well. Haters don't know they are haters. They just see themselves as being honest and truthful. You could go really far and cut that person out of your life. That's a pretty extreme case, and shouldn't be done lightly. The last option, and the one I choose most often, is just to accept the fact that that person has a negative attitude towards people/things. There is nothing you can do to stop it, and be aware that their opinion is usually unfounded. I put a spin on it all; if someone is going to take the time to hate on you, you must be doing something right. I can't let that ONE voice be my downfall. I have too much going for me.

You HAVE to stay positive. A positive attitude yields positive results. If you don't believe in yourself, why would anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment