If you're in a hurry in the morning, try this great breakfast!
- Take 6 eggs and hardboil them. Take them with you and eat them. Garnish with salt and pepper or hot sauce. Enjoy!
Breakfast at home!
If you've got the time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast at home, I envy you. Try this awesome meal!
- Take 4-6 strips of uncured bacon and cook them to your desired crispiness. Place these on a plate.
- Take 6 whole eggs and cook them in your preferred style (scrambled, over easy, sunny side up, etc).
Lunch at the office!
Everybody is busy at work and has little time for lunch. Here is an easy lunch you don't even have to cook!
- 1 package (12 oz) of Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 package of garlic hummus
- Cover pieces of chicken in hummus. Consume!
- 1 cup organic blueberries. Enjoy!
Nobody likes spending a huge amount of time making dinner when they get home after a long day of work; here's a meal that will be done in 15 minutes!
- 8-12 oz of grassfed beef or free-range chicken breast
- 1 cup of white rice
- guacamole (homemade or purchased)
- Salsa (homemade or purchased; just not that Tostito's shit)
- Grill the steak or chicken, marinate as you see fit
- Cook the rice
- Mix them together. Dump guac and salsa on top
Everybody gets hungry between meals, so here are some quick and easy snack ideas that will hold you over for a while.
- 1 cup full-fat greek yogurt
- cup of mixed berries
- mix and enjoy!
- 1 scoop of protein powder mixed with 12 oz of organic whole milk or raw milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/2 - 1 lb grassfed burger patty
- 1 slice of cheese
- 2-3 slices of bacon
- few dollops of guacamole
- melt the cheese onto the burger and put the bacon on top. Plop the guac on top of that and enjoy!
Hopefully you took this post with a little bit of humor. Not the recipes, though; those are serious. I eat those things on a weekly basis. The point that I hoped to make with this post was that eating healthy foods is really pretty damned simple. Eat real, whole foods and limit the crap you take in. Keep your carbs around your workouts and at night and eat plenty of good fats. I am obviously not a dietician, but give one of these meals a shot and let me know what you think!
Go forth and lift heavy shit!