Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was a pretty cool day. I had a pretty good Push Press workout, felt really good. Went and did a Yoga class afterwards with a client and a co-worker, good shit. Then I met my internet idol and shot the shit with him for 10 minutes. No big deal.


In all seriousness, meeting Mr. Gentilcore was pretty cool. This guys is as close to a celebrity as you get in this industry without being a sell-out no-talent wanna-be-a-trainer hack that no one respects.

What? A sellout? Me?
This man co-owns a nationally respected strength and conditioning facility, writes one of the most popular strength and conditioning blogs around and gets published in cool magazines. Pretty badass, I'd say. 

Meeting him was good because it definitely helped me realize how much more work I had to do, both intellectually and physically if I want to get where I wanna go in this industry. Meeting someone of his caliber was a big eye opener, a really good wake up call. No matter how smart you think you are, there is always somebody smarter.

Now, its time to work out. Find something heavy. Pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment