Monday, February 4, 2013

Saturday Training Session

My normal Saturday training session happens at CrossFit Resilience with a pretty big group of people training. We snatch until there are no more snatches to be done, and then we deadlift. This past Saturday we were unable to get out there, so I went up to Total Performance Sports in Everett with Luis and Justin to get our session in.


The day started with some snatch complexes. We worked up to 135 pounds and did a complex of snatch high pull/power snatch/overhead squat/snatch. Here's what it looked like. 


At this point, Luis and I went on to deadlift while Justin finished up with his snatches. We worked up to 425 for a few singles. Admittedly, I wasn't feeling great. My low left back (QL area) was sorta tight but I wanted to suck it up and get a few heavy pulls in. 425 isn't a babyweight for me, but it went up easily despite looking like dogshit.


That's as bad a deadlift as I will allow myself to have. Pretty shitty if you ask me. 

After this, we went into the gym (we were outside in the shed) to hit some Giant Cambered Bar squats. This is a specialty bar that I've never used before that is pretty cool. Because of the way that the weights hang, they rotate forward as you squat down. This puts the weights in front of your center of gravity, making it pull you forward which forces you to engage your core and low back quite a bit. It's a great exercise to help build your deadlift so we hit them pretty hard. I ended up working up to 300 for a single on this bar.

225x3

300x1

By the time we left, I was smoked. We went to Boston Market and crushed some meatloaf and mashed potatoes as a post-workout meal. Calories=PR's!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and lifted some heavy shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment